Microbraids last a long time, but unfortunately there comes the moment when you have to remove them. You may want to remove your microbraids because they do not look as good any more or simply because you want to make a change in your hairstyle. Even though microbraids are still really popular today, you should know that what people most fear about them is the pain and trouble of removal. However, you need to know that removing your micros is not that hard. There are tips which can help you remove your microbraids quickly and without harming your hair. For this point of view, the conditioning method is the best way to remove micros quickly and with less trouble. This way your natural hair will remain healthy and moisturized even after your braids are removed.
In the video below you can find a tutorial on how to remove microbraids with the conditioning method.
As you can see, this is a very simple, fast and efficient method of removing microbraids. And the best thing about this method is that your hair will not be harmed in any way.
Below you can find more tips on how to safely remove microbraids:
- Remember to be extremely gentle throughout the entire removal process. Being gentle means causing no damage to your hair.
- After removing microbraids you should use no chemical treatments on your hair. This means that you should avoid dying your hair with permanent hair colors for a period of about two weeks.
- Applying chemicals on your hair after removing microbraids can lead to extreme irritation and hair damage.
- In case you need it, you should seek help from a friend for the back portion of your hair.
- Wet your hair and apply a significant quantity of conditioner throughout it.
- Once the whole process is finished, it would be a great idea to put on a shower cap and allow the conditioner to remain in your hair for about 30 minutes.
- The use of a conditioner will actually make the entire process easier for you as it may lead to the slide of some of the braids on their own.
- Use a clarifying shampoo to wash your hair. Make sure to condition it properly.
After having your microbraids removed you have get on to style your hair as you desire. However, keep in mind that if you want to have a beautiful hair, proper care is highly important.